Organ Donations in the United States (2017)
Public awareness on the need for organ donations during and after life is on the rise. However, the gap between organ demand and supply in the United States continues to widen. This data visualization was created in order to address this issue and to provide a more detailed overview of the system’s current state, as of February 2017. All data was obtained from the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN). Intended for print as a multi-page booklet.
Audience: General public
Tools: Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Excel
- Cairo, A. (2012). The Functional Art. New Riders.
- Cairo, A. (2016). The Truthful Art. New Riders.
- Tufte, E. R. (1990). Envisioning Information. Graphics Press.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (2017). U.S. Government Information on Organ Donation and Transplant. Retrieved February 11, 2017, from https://organdonor.gov/index.html
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services; (2017). Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Retrieved February 11, 2017, from https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/