Beak morphology and diet (2015)
This informational poster demonstrates that modern morphological differences in bird beaks arise from differential survival and reproduction because of natural phenotypic variation. Bird specimens from the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto were studied for this project.
Audience: High school biology students being introduced to evolution and natural selection
Tools: Coloured pencils on Mylar paper, Adobe Illustrator (layout and type)
- Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, Canada
- Cornell University. 2013. “Feeding Adaptations in Birds.” The Naturalists Outreach Program.
- The Cornell Lab of Ornithology. 2015. All About Birds.
- Toronto Zoo. 2015. Accessed January 1.
- Wildscreen Archive. 2015a.